Tuesday, January 22, 2008

All Access

The cross was not only for our salvation and redemption, but our reconciliation... that is, being re-united with the Father. Scriptures say when Jesus gave up His spirit upon the cross, the veil in the temple was torn in two. God was saying, "NO LONGER shall I be separated from my people." Much of the church, including myself sometimes, doesn't take advantage of this open access to the Father. Jesus died, so we could have continual fellowship with God. HE is our intercessor...our advocate before the Father.

Some of you may be reading this thinking, this is a bore... "I know this..I grew up in church etc.." But do we take advantage of our access? Imagine if Israel crossed the river Jordan and then set up camp on the other side...and never moved another mile? Many Christians are like this, they have an experience with God that "crosses them over..." and then they sit down.

Lets use our access privileges today and enjoy the Father!

Jer. 29:13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

Father draw us after you. Lead us into your holy place. Let faith arise in Your church that You WILL be found by us when we seek You. Release grace and renewed desire to go deep with You. To set aside all the self serving distractions and partake of the promised land of Your Presence. Amen


Blessings today - Richy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to be convinced that God is better than anything this world has to offer. And be willing to surrender or make any sacrafices to stay in the presence of God. I must make Him the upmost important thing in my heart and mind. Considering His desires above my own. To dwell with Him in my thoughts, and efforts in everything that I do. Knowing His best interest for me are in mind.
Sweet Surrender.

Matt