Monday, January 21, 2008

The Daily Bread of His Presence

Not just a nice thought, inspiring word or addition to our knowledge base.... We need HIM daily. When we read the scriptures...if we are not reading to draw closer to Him, we are just becoming more religious. The pharisees knew the scripture, but didn't know God when He was standing right in front of Him. We must become familiar with the Presence of God...the still small voice....HIM. I don't want to just learn about Him, I want to be with Him. In John 15 the Lord promotes His disciples from servants to friends!

"John 15:14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you."

Friends know what God is saying and doing. Our sanctification is a life of becoming ever more aware of His Presence, thoughts and desires. May we be conformed to His image!

Father, I thank You that "He who began a good work in us will be faithful to complete it." God may we be called Your friends. May out lives be lived to know You and make You known. We don't want to become like the Pharisee's God, who knew about You, but didn't know You. Oh God teach us You. Your Spirit is gentle and willing to yield. Oh let it be in us.

Be filled with Joy today! - Richy

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Hey Richy just wanted you to know that we have been reading your blog. And have been blessed. Matt has also been reading it and we where discussing some of the same things just this morning. He says hi and appologizes for not being much of a typer!

jennifer said...

I still told him he should leave a comment every now and then so you know that he was here!