Monday, January 28, 2008

The Heart that God Revives

Revival... or spiritual resuscitation ... comes not to those with unforgiving, bitter, or proud hearts... but those who take the knowledge of their unforgiving, bitter, or proud heart and turn it into humility. My need for God is every growing. However, I (we) don't have to live in a state of despair, by all means.. we are dead... or dying to this old ugly self. We are not to just die...but LIVE. The cross is for the old man...not for the new man in Christ. That being said, God revives the heart of the humble. If I am not aware of God's complete perfection working through me, then I usually have to become aware of my total need of Him, turn (repent) and step into that knowledge. We minister from the confidence of Christ. ("with the ability with which He supplies..")

It's such sweet realization to step into His mercy every day. To know that I am not able, but He in me, is able. To live because I possess the favor of God. Feeling overwhelmed?...cross over today... Step into his grace through the Jordan (death / humility ) into Resurrection.

Is. 57:15 For thus says the High and Lofty One
Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy:
“I dwell in the high and holy place,
With him who has a contrite and humble spirit,
To revive the spirit of the humble,
And to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Father You revive the hearts of the humble. You hear us God when we cry. You are every present, ever helpful... ever merciful beloved. I hope because You live today Jesus. Lead us into Your humility that resides in perfect confidence in the Father.


Blessings - Richy

No comments: