Friday, January 18, 2008

What Are You Thinking?

I recently heard a testimony of a minister who went to Heaven. (take it or leave it...) In Heaven, he moved around by his thoughts. If he wanted to be somewhere, his thoughts lead him there.

This impacted me as profound. Especially in the area of our thought lives.

Prov. 23:7 For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.

Matt. 5:28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Psa. 19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, Be acceptable in Your sight...

My prayer has always been that the Lord would dwell strong in the center of my thought life. I've prayed to be like David in the field, who was worshipping when only God was watching. I've understood that victory in the private life will translate in the public. (as well as failure)... But I don't think I've fully grasped how powerful my (our) thoughts are....

Oh Father, I pray today that our thoughts would come into agreement with Yours. Oh that You would be our meditation and continual hope. That we would abide in the place of Your peace. May we dwell upon what is lovely...pure...praiseworthy. Oh God be what I'm thinking about, when my mind stops thinking.... Dwell in us strong oh God. Be our joy today Jesus.

Blessings - Richy

2 comments:

Arberto said...

with you bro... may God give us the grace to rest our mind in His thoughts... peaceful ... not striving or self condeming but grace... rest... delighting in Him.. love Rob

Shannon 2-24 said...

Oh!! Richy, I'm glad Jessica sent us over.. I've been thinking on this the last week a lot, and how I need to be careful more. Amazing how God puts the same things on people's hearts.

Thanks for praying for us all.

Rob, I like that "not striving or self condemning but grace"
*right in the middle*

~This sounds like bliss
this I'll pursue so I just won't miss
~All that's in store
in Him there's so much more.
: D