Thursday, January 17, 2008

"The Will of My Father"

Matt. 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Yikes. That should be of concern to me (us). We can be "doing" all sorts of things "for God." Yet, not be doing the will of the Father. I remember several times, where I had this great ministry venture idea...but didn't have the peace of God to carry it out... I'm thankful He led me away from those "opportunities." Other times, I've actually pursued things that were not in His timing and suffered for it. (that is, not having much grace...or fruit) Those times began to teach me (still learning) how to seek out the will of the Father, and be assured of His leading before pursuing anything "for the Kingdom."

Knowing and doing the "will of the father" requires us to have an intimate relationship with Him. Jesus said, "John 15:14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. "

The friends of God know what He is doing.

Father may we truly know You. May our hands be doing what You are doing. Father re-arrange our lives that we might be called friends of God. Root out, pull down, take away that which will not remain. Let my daily labor be as sweet devotion to You for Your kingdom purposes. Amen

No comments: