Thursday, February 21, 2008

House of Prayer

Is. 56:7 Even them I will bring to My holy mountain, And make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices, Will be accepted on My altar; For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.”

The prayer meeting is usually the least popular meeting in our American churches. Mainly because the prayer meeting has little (on the surface) to do with us! We're not getting spoon fed, pre chewed truth. Were not getting a "pick me up" for the week. The prayer meeting has everything to do with giving ourselves for God and others. If God were more popular with His people, the prayer meetings would be packed. ...But instead we are drunk with entertainment and self pleasure. How will a church like this survive in the end times? Most think we won't have to.. we just get whisked a way before anything bad happens. I'm telling you, God's coming back for a people that know Him... for a people who know His voice. For a "pure and spotless bride..." not the brides little sister.

God break us through our self serving mentalities... may we be given over in love for Your service Jesus. May we learn to wait for you.. As you say that we would "Watch and Pray" Oh God make us Your house of prayer! Amen

3 comments:

jess said...

I am WAITING for twitter updates. As far as I can tell, you haven't done ANYTHING for two days.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering.......


I tried to click on the Twitter and it just showed me the advertisement for TWitter....

feel freee to delete this comment Richard..........Jesss.........

Just wanted you to know that I have been looking to see what you have been up to.......and I though maybe you had taken a little break..or forgotten to Twitter..

I love you guys.

Hey Hey ever want to try out the WC again let me know.

Is it still cold there? I have some knitted scarves and mittens I can send......just need to know if you want them or not........or are we finished with the blizzard for now.


delete.........

Anonymous said...

Sorry Richard.....

How do I delete an anonymus comment.?

Now I am so Grounded....YIKES!!!