Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My Expectation is From Him...Waiting

Ps 62:5 5 My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him.

I don't like waiting for a 2 minute microwave burrito! So waiting for God was not something I easily grasped ...until all my efforts came to nothing. My prayer has become to be doing what the Father is doing. This requires me (us) to "wait" upon Him. "Waiting" is not an idle, passive approach to God, but having our hearts / expectations upon Him.

I heard a story recently of a man who was waiting for his wife at the airport to return from a long trip. The flight was delayed a few hours, then a day, then 4 days. After 4 days his wife finally arrived and they enjoyed a long awaited embrace. The question was presented, was it love when they embraced or during his waiting? The answer is both. Our waiting upon God is love.

We look not to man to satisfy the longing of our hearts, but our "expectation" is from Him. God meets every longing of the human heart. Our capacity to love increases as we become secure in the love of God for us. Look to Him today, Let your expectation be of Him!

Father, for those who are longing inside for a breakthrough, give them grace to wait. May our eyes look to You alone for deliverance, favor, purpose... and not to man. You are our strength and our hope. I wait upon You God. I hope because You live.

Blessings - Richy

No comments: