Monday, February 4, 2008

The Prayers of God's Heart / Righteousness and Justice

A few months ago, I was praying out on my porch looking at the trees. I had just spent some time crying out to the Lord, and felt a very tangible presence of God all over me. Sometimes, in these moments I like to ask God a question. While looking and enjoying the trees around me I asked God, "Are You an environmentalist?" I felt a clear answer that came as a foreign thought in my heart / mind, "I'm an environmentalist and a philantropist, but righteousness and justice are the foundation of my throne." (ps 89:14)

Woah. I set back and had to meditate on that a while. I'm still in the process of grasping God's heart for justice and righteousness, but I'm willing to let my heart began to be formed into His. Righteousness and Justice are "trump" issues on God's heart, there are the very foundation of His reign. Powerful prayers are those that are on God's heart. We need a renewal of the mind to truly declare what is on God's heart. ("agenda" as well)

Rom. 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Father Give us your heart today. Let our minds be conformed to yours. You have a cry to bring justice to our land. You desire all men to be saved. Oh God let my heart reflect Yours. Conform me into Your image! I am Yours, save me!


Blessings today - Richy

No comments: