Thursday, February 7, 2008

"Will You Join In My Sufferings?

The Lord asked me this the other day, while worshipping on the piano. (see title...) I must say at first, I felt disturbed, somewhat fearful of what that meant. I continued worshipping again, and that heaviness lifted. The next day (yesterday) I was spending some time in extended prayer and that feeling / question came upon me again "Will you join in my sufferings?" This time, I wasn't going to attempt to get out of that... I prayed into it. What the Lord brought me through was a renewed willingness to do whatever He was asking of me, and a renewed desire to carry the burdens of His heart.

Paul the Apostle prayed in Phil. 3:10, "that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death..."

The fellowship of His suffering is not (necessarily) physical suffering only, (though many christians have and will go through that, for the gospel) but also the joining in the Lords burdens. To take up my cross, is to deny my carnal self preservation, and give myself over to the Lord in friendship. ...That I would seek out diligently and carry His heart. That my prayers would not be filled with request revolving around ...myself, but that which is on His heart. ...Trusting that if I "seek first His kingdom," then all things would be added unto me.

Father give us Your heart today. May we be those who will wait with you 1 hour... May we be those who will bring comfort to Your heart in contending with that which You contend. Transform us, may we go through this death, burial and.... resurrection. Thank You Jesus for grace and love that brings us through the cross. Amen

- Richy

No comments: